that is way too much, I wanted a simpler solution FOR ME, not for the import task.

Anyway, the basedir attribute, isn't inherited from the importing build?

MAriano

Dominique Devienne wrote:

From: Mariano Benitez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In order to solve a problem related to classloaders, I need to bundle an
include file (include.xml) so I can define the task in a classpath
different from the antlib classpath.

At this moment the only way is to put the file in the FS, but it would
be very convenient to obtain that import from a resource in the antlib
jar.

I can implement this and provide the patch, is this valid or am I
talking nonsense.

This was considered during the discussions on <import>, but didn't make it, I don't recall why. Maybe had to do with keeping <import> simple, and problems extracting the basedir of the imported file!?

You can always <get> the URL before <import>. Oops, you need a
custom resource: protocol handler for that... I posted one, but
it requires additional setup so the JVM knows about it.

You can always write a little <script> to dump the URL on disk
before the <import> still. --DD