I'm playing with the <modifed> selector. I'm using it to build the cache, then compile code, then run it again to build a set of files that changed to do hotswap on.
Here is how I pre-load the cache.
<!-- no-op copy to build modified cache -->
<copy todir="build/classes">
<fileset dir="build/classes">
<modified seldirs="false" />
</fileset>
</copy>

I'd put an if condition around this in the future...
Then... <javac...>
Then, my <hotswap>

  <hotswap verbose="true" port="9000">
      <fileset dir="build/classes">
          <modified seldirs="false" />
      </fileset>
  </hotswap>

The <hotswap> target reports that it wants to swap all of the class files! The thing is, none had changed! It seems like the modified selector isn't using the cache.properties file it already built!

Any ideas?

David