From: Anthony Goubard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 12:01 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: ANT 1.7 features suggestion

Hello,

- I think that more than 50% of the users uses Java 1.4

I think that is unrealistic. In decent to large corporations, one
doesn't change from one release to another release of software like Java or
even tools like Ant just "whenever". Everything has to be co-ordinated,
suites of software that work together need to all move together, QA plans have to be updated, new tests run, etc. I think in the 'real'
world the lag time from one release to another is astoundingly long,
as least to developers who don't understand why the switch isn't made
sooner. I assure you there are shops out in the 'real' world running
Windows 98 or NT using JDK 1.1 or 1.2 while us developers are buzzing
along using Windows XP or Linux and JDK 1.4 - but we don't necessarily
represent the majority...

-ken