> From: Jose Alberto Fernandez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > We do barf on targets with circular dependencies, so why wouldn't
> > we barf for circular AntLib dependencies?
>
> Remember that in general you have no control of the dependencies
> of Antlibs (since they may be shrink-wrap 3rd party binary libraries).
> So, it could be the case that you reach such a situation just
> because two 3rd party antlibs have common dependencies or something.
>
> You need to get the right behavior without needing to alter the libs.

That's just the point! Two AntLibs having common dependencies is not
cicurlar, so won't be an error. Any scenario where AntLibs are mutually
dependent, directly or not, is an error, so the AntLibs *should* be
altered, i.e. fixed.

And for BC, it's better to lock down the behavior initially, and
possibly relax it in the future based on real world feedback, rather
than being lax initially, and breaking BC is we finally discovered
we should not have been that lax...

I vote for raising on exception (assuming I understood the issue
correctly). Peter can correct me. --DD