Stefan Bodewig wrote:

this is ugly, but any clean solution I could come up with is not backwards compatible (add a dispose method to BuildListener, make subbuilds fire buildFinished ...).

Any better ideas?

Sounds OK. The only alternative I could think of (without checking whether it is feasible) would be to create BuildListener2 and add something like ProjectStarted/ProjectFinished to it. These would be called in Project.executeTargets for any BuildListeners which also implement BuildListener2. Would that be better than checking for AntClassLoaders explicitly?

Conor