From:       Matt Benson <gudnabrsam () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-06-23 15:02:54

> I cringe at the thought of the number of "unique
> properties" that could be floating about resulting
> from this...

Is the user community complaining?  The only issue
that seems to come up every now and then is lack of
straight-forward support like if/unless/depends on
macrodef and I'd like to see us address that.  I haven't
seen a real-world use-case where the only way to
solve an issue is by using locals inside macrodef.

Hijacking the topic a bit...

Instead of adding if & unless attributes to macrodef,
I suggest adding a new task <break> that can be placed
at arbitrary locations inside a task container to stop
further tasks in that container from executing.  Cleaner
compared to if/then/else constructs and is not tied to
macrodef alone.

<break> is smiliar to <fail> except that it re-routes
control to the next task container instead of totally
stopping the build process.

> -Matt

Cheers,
Magesh