On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Observations (a) we have xerces, cos it is what I asked for and got
> in the stack trace (b) there is an up to date version of xerces in
> ant/lib (the one that comes with Xom1.0alpha5)

Is that up to date?  Ant's own should be.

> I am wondering if this is an endorsed directory thing.

Which JDK?

The easiest thing to do would be to explicitly pass your "good"
version of Xerces on the bootclasspath in the JUnit task - this is
what Gump does to defeat the built-in parser without installation of
Xerces and Xalan's CVS HEAD into the endorsed directories.