See the following regarding adding your task to the
list of external tasks:
http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#adding-external-tasks

As for the defining line of what goes into core Ant, a
good rule of thumb is that anything that once would
have been added to the optional tasks portion of Ant
would NOT be accepted into core Ant today.  :)  A dead
giveaway is interaction with and/or dependency upon
other tools (in this case Maven).  The optional tasks
represent (IMO) the greatest complexity of Ant's own
buildfile and give the Ant team responsibility for
maintaining compatibility with external tools over
which they have no control in most cases.  Features
continue to be added to Ant to support and encourage
the use of third-party tasks, so an optional task
included in Ant is no longer considered "the way to
go."

Thanks,
Matt