Matt Benson wrote:

--- Peter Reilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I found the problem,
My ant installation was not what I thought, and was
sligtly out
of sync with the cvs head. With this the test
worked, but after
syncing it did not. So there must have been a change
that
caused the failure, I remembered that changes had
been made
to cache a directory scanner and on checking saw
that this
was in abstractfileset ;- this was the cause of the
problem, on
cloning the cached scanner needed to be cleared.

Hmmm, I thought of this, but I dismissed it. My
reasoning was that the cloned fileset would be the
same as the original and could share a reference to
the same ds object. When the additional selector was
added to the cloned fileset, the stored
directoryscanner reference should then have been
nulled.

AbstractFileSet#appendSelector() does not null the directoryscanner
reference.

I have fixed this now and removed the nulling when cloning.

Peter

The last test script I sent verified that
different directoryscanner instances were returned. The shallow copy performed by Object.clone() should
have copied the reference over, so a different scanner
should not have been returned unless the addition of
the selector had modified the cloned fileset. Can
anyone point out a loophole in this logic to explain
why nulling the reference solves the problem?

Thanks,
Matt

Peter

Matt Benson wrote:

--- Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

CloneTest fails on my Linux machine outside of

Gump

as well.

What kind of setups are people able to make this

fail

on? I have gotten access to a Linux box but the

tests

pass for me.  :(

-Matt

Cheers