Should we wait a few more days?

Maybe yes.

I do have a few bug assigned to me that I want to fix, basically
javadoc and cvstagdiff.  The later will involve adding a new class and
has the potential to cause trouble, so I'd feel more comfortable if we
waited two more days (either I get things done until tomorrow evening
my time, or I won't this week).

And then I'm holding back two patches that I want to see confirmed
before I merge them.  If we don't get confirmation, they'll stay in
CVS HEAD - if we get confirmation that the nightly builds work, I
don't have a problem with merging them between RC and final release.

After that there will still be about ten or twenty reports that I
could look into, but I should get real and say I won't manage to do so
before 1.6.3.  If we want to get this ready by April, that is.

My query ant_open_bug yields 736 bugs. Which of the bugs are worth looking into?

btw I'd also be in favour of having RC1 out this month, 23 seems a bit too short given the other reactions.

+1 on any date this month

Martijn