On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Peter Reilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>what I need is
>>
>>  +            } else {
>>  +                throw ex;
>>  +            }
>>

> This will cause the error to be reported from within the macro
> definition. (i.e. from within the antlib resource).

True, so what I really need is

 +            } else {
 +                ex.setLocation(getLocation());
 +                throw ex;

In short, I want to keep the original BuildException intact and hide
the macroedef location.

<fail> in your examples is supposed to throw an ExitStatusException
but the macro will turn it into a plain BuildException the way it is
right now.  Same for assert* and the AssertionFailedException that
extends BuildException.