On Mon, 23 May 2005, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Was it Ant1.2 that evaluated properties in the order they were
> encountered at parse time, not execution time?

No, everything before Ant 1.2 did.

> Ant1.5 probably marked the change,

Agreed.

> Question is, what was better: early point releases at the price of a
> delayed Ant1.7?

I don't think 1.6.3 and .4, .5 delay Ant 1.7.x since we still have
major new features we wanted to add.  Maybe this time the almost
complete lack of shiny new features was holding back 1.7.

Just think of how much 1.6.0 changed the Ant world.  Compare
HEAD.  1.7.0 doesn't look that impressive.

> Especially given that a slow 1.7 release has let us be relaxed about
> many things, discussing them, experimenting with them?

Something that we absolutely need to do.