As to your varying new content, simply handle this with parameters to
your XSLT or something like that (perhaps even having different
conditional targets that handle different EJB configuration setups in
addition to parameterized XSLTs).

Don't panic, take a deep breath and think about just what you're trying
to do. Look at the Ant manual's list of core and optional tasks and work
out how you can use them address your problem using them.

Phil