I've also applied for the Ant XDocs project, and I've got some info on the
Google Summer of code.

Check out the FAQ
(http://code.google.com/summfaq.html#when_will_i_hear_if_my_ap) for questions
about when you'll hear back to know if you've been accepted, I believe the
application deadline was June 14 PST, and then they'll let you know no later
than June 24 if you've been accepted.

As for the Ant XDocs project in particular it is listed on the Apache summer of
code projects site as available
(http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2005). I assume someone from Apache
or possibly from the (ANT project?) will choose a candidate. I'm hoping we can
get a mentor for this project.

Also I know that a Google representative has said that about 200 projects will
be accepted distributed amongst the organizations who can best provide mentors
I suppose (mostly google and apache I'd guess) and as of right now about 264
applicants have applied to Apache Software Foundation projects out of a total
of 2795 applications (according to
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/summer-discuss/browse_thread/thread/3dd1530017e59189).

Doug Daniels