On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Andrew Liles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to offer my time to contribute a couple of tasks to
> Ant.  Please could you direct to me some documentation on the
> process?

Actually there is none.

You describe what your tasks do and why you think they should be part
of Ant - as opposed to being a project of its own.  An alternative is
to place them in an Ant library in the new antlibs subproject of Ant.

Basically you'll have to convince Ant's committers that your tasks are
needed.  We are already dealing with a bunch of tasks that have been
abandoned by the initial contributors and can't get fully supported by
the committers.  So be warned, there is a big reluctance against
adding new tasks.