Martin Gainty wrote on 07/31/2005 07:54:54 AM:

> [...]
We
> > only support them for compiler-generated collections of XML classes.

> > > I have been in email discourse with them, on the subject of
successor
> > > soap stacks to JAXRPC.
> > >
> > > I think it is interesting, and Xpath is profound once you apply to
> > > object trees. The next version will apparently work in ant, so you
can
> > > compile xj stuff from your build...
> > >
> > > -steve
> >
> > You might be interested to know that a new release (1.0.1) of XJ is
out,
> > and it now contains an <xjc> Ant task.  Enjoy.
> >
> > Igor Peshansky (for the XJ team)
>
> Castor will marshall to xml file or unmarshall from xml based on
descriptor
> or reflection
> check out http://www.castor.org/xml-framework.html

Thanks for the pointer, we'll check it out.  From a quick glance, though,
it seems to be a databinding approach similar to JAXB, and thus suffering
from the same limitations.

> I knew of a guy named Igor Pechanski that worked on the Cygwin project
that
> went to NYU any relation ???
> Martin-

Yep, same guy (except it used to be Pechtchanski) -- that's what the
"spelling
change" in my signature refers to.
        Igor
P.S. Apologies to all for earlier duplicate messages.
--
Igor Peshansky  (note the spelling change!)
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center