I would prefer the <fileset>-extension of <taskdef> as DD suggested.
Combined with <import> could ensure, that all antlibs are in.

common.xml
<taskdef>
    <fileset dir="${ant.home}/auto-antlibs" includes="**/*.jar" />
</taskdef>

Do the WAS buildfiles use <import>s? Then this would be only a modification of
one file.

Jan