On 4/17/06, Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Martijn Kruithof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > What's the position of other committers on this?
>
> Joshua Bloch uses the for loop construct in "Effective Java", I think
> this is where I saw it first.  Back then I decided to not pick up his
> advice but keep my old while loop style for iterators.

I recall seeing it first in Effective Java too - it made sense to me
then and I now use that style of looping for all
iterators/enumerations and tokenizers in my own code - seems it isn't
really that common an idiom however

Anyway, interesting to see how other Java developers view things that
I've always thought of as standard practice - certainly made me think
- which is always good

Kev