--- Antoine Levy-Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[SNIP]
> One issue :
>
> If NIOFileUtils is in the same package as FileUtils,
> bootstrapping under
> JDK 1.2 or 1.3 would not work.
> The bootstrap scripts (build.bat, build.sh) are
> using primitive
> mechanisms (directories) to find out what should be
> built first.

Oh yeah... forgot about this!  :)  Now I see what you
meant here.  We must keep that in mind... the
bootstrap scripts build enough of Ant that it can
build the rest of itself, itself... correct?  Meaning
that whatever mechanism is used to determine which
FileUtils to select (Martijn's approach is
ridiculously insane enough to have captured my fancy
;) ), it must also take into account whether the
desired classes are available, falling back to the
basic impl. otherwise.

Right?

-Matt