The work-around for preset is what has to be done in createTask.

After create task, or createComponent() is done,
one is has a normal java object.
It is too late in the life cycle of the object to use unknownelements.

One could create unknown elements and runtime configuratables (
see the code in macrodef to do this)  but is is quite tricky.

In your case it may be easier just to use java reflection to
call the setter methods (see introspection helper).

It has been a while since I was messing with UnknownElement/
RuntimeConfiguratable/IntrospectionHelper/ProjectHelper2 but I
can remember that it was painful!

Peter