Hello

I have some Ant changes that I'd like to put forward for possible
inclusion in future versions of Ant. These changes are all aimed at
making it easier to process file paths and text in various ways.

[snip]

Is this of any interest? Are these changes in line with Ant philosophy?

As Stefan already mentioned, you're unlucky to submit a proposed
change during the final release throes :)

Basically the best thing to do is a Bugzilla enhancement request and
attach patches (which were very nice btw tests+docs is always good to
see).  Then when 1.7.0 has been released, mail the list again and poke
people to look at Bugzilla #xxxx with the message that we were too
lazy|busy to include the changes in 1.7.0.

Thanks,
Kev