On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Antoine Levy-Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I prefer the procedure which I have used for Ant 1.6 and for the
> betas of 1.7 to define a release date in the vote thread, and then
> to build and publish the release "mechanically" on the release date.

I may have been a bit unclear.  This process simply doesn't comply
with ASF procedures.  We cannot vote on the release of an artifact
that we haven't seen yet.  We are required to check that the actual
released artifact is correct.  Where correct is determined by a number
of criteria.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

There is something called RAT by Robert Burrel Donkins to check
compliance of artifacts, this is used by quite a few incubator folks.
I haven't used it myself yet.

<http://code.google.com/p/arat/>