Hi,

After the different discussions, I propose to build a distribution on
Sunday, November 5th.
The version returned by ant -version would be 1.7.0RC1 and the tag in
Subversion ANT_170_RC1.
After having built the distribution, I will upload it to my account on
people.apache.org and start a release vote. Since votes are open one
week, this will set the actual release date to Sunday, November 12th.

I see just a small problem : I will check in modified HTML pages
(including index.html, ...) announcing the release on Sunday, November 12th.
So we should not make any web site update during the time between the
build and the official release.
I have to modify the HTML pages because otherwise the users will
complain (like in some releases of Ant 1.6 IIRC) that the index.html
talks about the previous version when they download the package.
The real clean solution would be to not only tag but first branch Ant on
Sunday, November 5th, but this is a lot of overhead. If we do this, then
the HTML (and corresponding XML) can be edited on the branch,
then merged to HEAD on the actual release date, so that there is no
danger of premature site update.

Regards,
Antoine