Kevin Jackson wrote:
This is life! a sequence of lessons!

A day where you learn something is a good day (generally), but I
should've just held back the changes until the release had happened,
then I could have added them to trunk and not broken this release -
doh!

That's why we have release managers, they are the official refuser. A good RM will say no to everybody, even those up the mgt chain.

There's always a lot of pressure to put stuff in just before a release, but really RC time is when to decide to pull things, not add stuff. It's too late to get anything new working.

-steve