> Hi I thought Kev just (say) he would pull the HasFreeSpace for 1.7.0 to be
> added after 1.7.0 is released?

I pulled out the o.a.t.a.util.java16 package as it wasn't used, the
hasfreespace condition wasn't pulled as it compiled and ran on both
vm's I have (although this isn't an extensive test by any measure).
Also the condition isn't documented and so no users will know about it
anyway (and hence won't be used) - again this isn't great, but it does
cover us a little in that it's an undocumented feature and shouldn't
be used until it is documented.

I think that it is ok to have hasfreespace in the release.
That is, the risk is very small that it will cause any
more problems. The problems it had were due to
the lastness of it been added to the code base,
and the use of java6. The code itself does not
affect other parts of the system, so it is a contained
risk. It may be more risky to pull the code now.
Peter

Peter is absolutely correct, the problems were solely due to trying to
cram in a feature at the last minute - as was pointed out by other
people.  I wasn't aware (although perhaps I should have been) that
today was release day, and having seen the addition of the
javax.scripting and other stuff I thought I could get something in
before the deadline.

Profuse apologies all round.
Kev