On 12/22/06, Antoine Levy-Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I also would prefer to wait a bit to create the ANT_17_BRANCH.

For Ant 1.8, I have in mind some refactoring, like maybe splitting the source
tree per jar.

I would prefer to remove the large number of jars.
The original reason for the split was to help people with classloading issues.
The idea being that one could move the for example ant-junit.jar file out
of $ANT_HOME/lib, and do a taskdef with this file and its needed third
party files.
This has not worked out in practice. The better way is that done by
jesse for the junit task - using a split loader. I think that we can do this
for most of the tasks that depend on third party jars. - I am near
ready to commit the changes needed for <script> and bsf.jar

Peter

Documentation could also be split by theme such as property tasks, resource
based tasks, SCM tasks rather than the current distinction core/optional which
is not so nice.

If such refactoring happens, merging changes between two source trees which
look different is a pain.

Regards,

Antoine
-------- Original-Nachricht --------