Le jeudi 29 mai 2008, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> On Wed, 28 May 2008, Gilles Scokart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > There are a few thing to take into considerations :
> >
> > 1. An eclipse update site must provide a site map page [1] that has
> > to change when a new version come.  2. The site map give the
> > possibility to reference an other file that contains a list of
> > mirrors.
> >
> > So, we have to choose what we want to archive and mirror :
> > - The jars
> > - The site.xml
> > - The mirror file
> >
> > I guess that we should mirror the jars,
>
> absolutely.
>
> > but I'm not sure about the site.xml and the page that list the
> > mirrors.
>
> If we make the page that lists the mirrors a CGI on the site (just
> like the downloadpages) we might be fine.
>
> Will Eclipse use the mirrors of that list or is it a user choice?  If
> it is a user choice then the main page should be a CGI as well and
> point to the mirrored jars so that Eclipse users would be forced to do
> something explicitly if they want to download the jars from
> apache.org.

I have found this interesting page:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasing-eclipse-update-site.html

There even a link to a build.xml that create the files for the update site. I
didn't took time to look at it closely though.

By the way, I have found some other docs about releasing, licencing, mirroring
etc, in the "incubator" website. Does those docs are irrelevent for graduated
project ? Or I can rely on them (apart from the release vote process) ?

Nicolas, reading apache docs