--- Dominique Devienne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Matt Benson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Dominique reminded me of
> > the performance problems that had been noted by
> Jan &
> > Steve; ...
> > http://markmail.org/message/ivjlvnqmygg4ap5f
>
> Actually it was
> http://markmail.org/message/rokgze4tfmwrwjab that I
> had in mind, which was more related to <property>.
> As mentioned there,
> having 150x <property> in a script imported a number
> of times by
> sub-builds (typical of large builds, especially the
> ones involving
> native code) could result in 15K invocation of
> <property>, taking a
> large amount of time. So not really related to
> property access, more
> property setting.
>
> I'd be interested to know whether the patch improves
> or degrades
> performance of this particular use case. --DD

I would be glad to run the diagnostics if given a
setup or at least your task-level performance
analyzer.  I would suspect that given the improvments
I cited, performance should be slightly worse than
what you've noted here; however it does seem that with
that a good three years in the past it wasn't taken as
the emergency the recent case was.

-Matt