I think I misunderstood this particular bug.  It appears to be a problem
with $${someprop} versus loading two property files and the first one
containing a ${property} that is set in the second one loaded.

To be explicit, if you have two property files, a.properties and
b.properties, in the first one loaded you have a ${property} that is set
in b.properties, ant leaves it as ${}.

a.properties:

foo=bar

coolprop=${foo}:${from.b.properties}

b.properties:

from.b.properties=awesome

build.xml:

<project default="go">
    <target name="go" >
        <property file="a.properties" />
      <property file="b.properties" />
        <echo>This is a problem: ${coolprop}</echo>
    </target>
</project>

You'll see this:

This is a problem: bar:${from.b.properties}