Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Matt Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Looking back at this again, I think having the number
formatted according to the US Locale would be more
confusing than by the default Locale, speaking without
the perspective of a person who typically uses e.g. .
as a thousands separator and , as a decimal separator.

I am one of those people and to me it is more confusing to have Ant
use German number formatting but say "minutes" instead of "Minuten".
(well, would be since I haven't seen builds taking > 1000 minutes
myself).

When copying files we don't use a number format at all and thus end up
with a pure number without any separators at all.

I wouldn't expect that too many builds take tens of thousands of
minutes so a number with or without thousands separator may be as
readable as the other in out case.

AFAICT making the thousands separator go away takes the same amount of
coding effort as making it use the US locale.

I use a logger that tells me when the build finished; this is so that when I switch to different windows and back I can see if a build was recent or not. There's a good case for making the date/time info localised, if you want to do everything properly.