I just filed a couple of bugs relating to the nested ant invocations used by
Ivy's new packager resolver. Basically, errors in the nested ant invocation
are being ignored by the outer ant invocation. I'm not exactly sure if this
is an ivy problem or an ant problem (I suspect the former) and am looking
for advice in how to fix it.

Does this problem ring a bell with anyone?

Here is a synopsis of how we do the invocation:

        // Execute the Ant build file
        Project project = new Project();
        project.init();
        project.setUserProperty("ant.file" , new File(dir,
"build.xml").getAbsolutePath());
        ProjectHelper.configureProject(project, new File(dir, "build.xml"));
        project.setBaseDir(dir);

        // Execute task
        Message.verbose("performing packager resolver build in " +
this.dir);
        try {
            project.executeTarget("build");
            this.built = true;
        } catch (BuildException e) {
            e.printStackTrace(System.out);
            Message.verbose("packager resolver build failed: " + e);
            throw e;
        }

I'm hoping some ant experts (which I am not) can spot the problem. The
relevant class containing that code is
here<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/trunk/src/java/org/apache/ivy/plugins/resolver/packager/PackagerCacheEntry.java>
.

Thanks,