HI all,

I have an XML file that contain the following tags:

<A>

      <UserName>UserA</UserName>

      <Password>password</Password>

      <SID>rdf12</SID>

      <Host>10.8</Host>

</A>

<B>

      <UserName>UserB</UserName>

      <Password>password</Password>

      <SID>rdf12</SID>

      <Host>10.8.</Host>

</B>

I have a property file that has following properties:

userNameA   TestA

passwordA   passwordA

userNameB   TestB

and so on...

Now I need to update the XML file with the corresponding properties. After
updation output should be something like

<A>

      <UserName>TestA</UserName>

</A>

<B>

      <UserName>TestB</UserName>

</B>

I cannot use replace <UserName>(.)*</UserName> because same tag is present in
both A and B.

I know replaceregexp should serve the purpose but I am unable to do it due to
multiple lines. I need to replace the complete set of A properties at one
go...May be treating it as a single line.

How to do this?

Thanks in advance

Pankaj

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.