On 2009-08-31, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org> wrote:

> So it is a proof of concept, for some who are interested in, I checked it in
> some other project of mine there:
> https://lunercp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lunercp/trunk/org.hibnet.gant/

Haven't looked at the code, yet, but you can as well use Ant's sandbox
for this, if you want to (just making sure, you know that you can, not
saying you should).

> The only point that was not generic enougth is the default input
> file. It is build.xml in ant and I wanted build.gant.

I recall that I was involved in similar discussions, it could have been
when I put together the JavaFront prototype here on the list or later in
some off-list discussion.  Ahh,  the thread starting here
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/200811.mbox/%3c91dd9a4f0811180944m46bfa9ecs3eb8564a5e2d1...@mail.gmail.com%3e>

I know Jean-Louis BOUDART has been working on plugging different
frontends into EasyAnt so maybe we could join forces - Jean-Louis, are
you reading this?

> I thought about the ProjectHelper providing the proper default input file. But
> as I looked into the sources of ant, it appears that the helper is created a
> way too late for that purpose. Would it be reasonable to instanciate the
> helper at the arguments parsing in the Main class (see Main#processArgs) ?

I think it would, in particular if you consider the use case of maybe
supporting more than one ProjectHelper implementation in parallel (see
the old thread) like use groovy if it is a goovy build file and fall
back to ProjectHelper2 if it is xml.

> Then there is also the problematic about the ant and subant tasks which are
> expected a priori to launch ant with the pure xml frontend (I am right to see
> it this way ?).

I think the configured ProjectHelper is used, isn't it?  This probably
means we need support for multiple project helpers if <ant> and friends
should eb able to chose one based on the format.