Xavier Hanin wrote:
2009/12/10 Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>

<target name="foo" dependencies="public"/>
<target name="bar" before-targets="foo"/>

and would do away with any notion of target composition people way
expect from the name target-*group*.
I also think the name target-group is confusing for something that doesn't
provide any composition. Still I'm not sure dependencies="public" fits very
well, it sounds like a visibility thing to me. And before-targets sounds
like the before targets will be executed before the declaring target (just
like depends actually). What do you think this:
<target name="foo" dependencies="open"/>
<target name="bar" join-depends="foo"/>
How about:

 <target name="foo" dependencies="extendable" />
 <target name="bar" extend="foo"/>

Perhaps that suggests inheritance, so you could go with 'extend-depends' or 'dep-extend' or something.

Alternately we could use:

 <target name="foo" dependencies="alterable" />
 <target name="bar" alter="foo"/>

But I'm not good at finding names, so maybe I should just go back to my work
:-)

Xavier