On Dec 19, 2009, at 8:00 AM, Gilles Scokart wrote:

2009/12/18 Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>

Hi all

I've been responsible for too many bad naming choices to try to come up with something new here. I've collected the names that I recall being
proposed, but I may have missed some and the choices may not be good
anyway.

I understand that (2) is very dependent on (1).

(1) What do we want to call the new element that behaves quite a bit
   like a target but has a dependency list that can be extended?

   (a) target-group

   (b) phase

   (c) goal

   (d - z) anything else

I like target-group.
But still I would take the risk to turn this thread into a brainstorming :
What about  extension-point  ?

I like it.  -Matt

Gilles Scokart