The results of the vote are in. Both motions passed.

The motion to drop the commercial tasks from the binary release of Ant had 13 +1 votes for almost all the commercial tasks, and no -1 votes. The one exception was the Server Deploy subtasks, which Gilles voted +0 on, resulting in 12 +1 votes and 1 +0 vote. Stefan also expressed some concern about the complexity of moving them to Antlibs. We should probably discuss how to move these separately now that their removal has been approved.

The motion to move the tasks into their own Antlibs had 10 +1 votes and 3 +0 votes with no -1 votes. This motion also passes.

Votes came from Stefan, Gilles, Jesse, Jan, Kevin, Dominique, Antoine, Matt, Conor, myself, Peter, Martijn, and Maarten,

The next step I'd like to take is to contact all the companies that make the commercial software whose tasks we are removing. With any luck some of them will take over responsibility for the tasks. It will take me a while to do this, though (I've just recently changed cities so my life is in a bit of upheaval) so if anyone wants to help out, particularly if they have connections in some of the organizations involved, please let me know and we can coordinate things.

Once we have alerted the parties involved about the change, we can start removing the tasks and creating new Antlibs in the sandbox. Are there targets available anywhere to facilitate the creation of standard new Antlibs?