Hello Shay,

yes, ivy can be used programmatically. I think nearly all classes have public interfaces.

here a snippet of a piece of code written on my project using ivy 2.1.x APIs (not sure if there is any change in 2.2.x)

import org.apache.ivy.Ivy;
import org.apache.ivy.Ivy.IvyCallback;
import org.apache.ivy.core.IvyContext;
import org.apache.ivy.core.module.descriptor.DependencyDescriptor;
import org.apache.ivy.core.module.descriptor.ModuleDescriptor;
import org.apache.ivy.core.module.id.ModuleRevisionId;
import org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.ResolvedModuleRevision;
import org.apache.ivy.plugins.parser.ModuleDescriptorParserRegistry;

        Ivy ivy = new Ivy();
        configureIvy(ivy);
        // using the ivycallback system
        MyModuleDescriptor myModuleDescriptor = new MyModuleDescriptor();
        ModuleDescriptor md = myModuleDescriptor.parse(ivyFile, ivy);

AFAIK the class org.apache.ivy.Ivy has most of the methods that you need.

Hopes this helps,

Antoine