Merci Nicolas,

je suis tres occupe en ce moment a me chercher un nouveau job.

Antoine

On 4/27/11 6:19 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
Le 21 avr. 2011 à 23:26, Nicolas Lalevée a écrit :

Le 21 avr. 2011 à 18:48, Antoine Levy-Lambert a écrit :

I have dived in and committed the code attached to 50507, and also made
flush a no op in LineOrientedOutputStream. See my commits [1] and [2].
Something does not feel 100% right though. In the second commit I have
tweaked unit tests to deal with some consequences of having made flush a
no op.

see this [3]

Then the streams really get flushed when they are closed when no carriage
return is in the data.

So if you send "foo", ant was able to redirect "foo" without ending carriage
return.

In the new version the output of copying "foo" is "foo\n".

Is there a way to avoid that change of behavior ?
I guess this is showing another bug in the streams setup. Since the only change
you did was about the case where streams get funneled, I am surprised that the
streams are funneled when the output is redirected to a property. It would mean
that we could catch the bytes from the error stream in the output property. So
maybe the condition on the line 720 of Redirector is incorrect. I'm sure though
what should be there instead.
I've looked deeper into this and I have found a solution. See r1097261 [1]. I somehow followed the documentation about
the attribute "logError" on the java task [2] which says: "If you redirect error with the
"error" or "errorProperty" attributes, this will have no effect."; I understand this as if
there is a redirect of the error streams, they should not be mixed up. Which makes sense to me.

Nicolas

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1097261
[2] http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/java.html