On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Jean-Louis Boudart <
jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Xavier,
>
> Thanks for your feedback !
> [...]
> >
> > - from a documentation point of view, I have not found the documentation
> of
> > plugins. Having links from the plugins and standard build types pages
> would
> > be really nice. To change the compiler source and target version I had to
> > check the source files.
> >

> > - the source files of plugins are pretty easy to read and understand, I
> > think providing links to them or documentation on where to find them
> would
> > be useful for people used to plain ant (maybe I just missed this part of
> > the doc, I didn't read everything).
> >
> Plugin documentation is not online yet. We didn't took time to find how to
> publish them as we may have differences in future plugin releases.
> We already have a way to generate plugin documentation. Adding links to
> plugin sources could be a good too.

Yes, it would really be nice, and sources are pretty much self explanatory,
so it could be enough to start. Maybe only a link to the plugins repo to
browse the source online could be a good start.

> > - I've written a small tool to convert basic (very basic I mean) pom
> files
> > to module.ivy, and the result is interesting: on a bunch of modules, not
> > only the build run perfectly well (it's really nice to use the same
> > conventions), but also it's slightly faster: on a 22 multi module build,
> > "easyant package" take 19s against 23s for "mvn -DskipTests=true install"
> >
> Nice to hear that it's easy to move from a standard maven build with
> multimodules to easyant. Will you share your tool to convert pom files to
> module.ivy ?

Yes, I will, but it's very basic. It's part of another project I'm working
on, I'll keep you posted when I release it in open source.

Xavier
--
Xavier Hanin - 4SH France - http://www.4sh.fr/
BordeauxJUG creator - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/