On 2013-12-09, Andre-John Mas wrote:

> It is what I used and how the patch was accepted, but since I was told
> it wasn't ideal I wanted to see if there were ways to deal with this
> going forward.

It was me who said it wasn't ideal.  My concern is IDE integration which
might start Ant differently and bypass Main so the static methods on
Main don't work properly.

Andre-John's contribution made me look at the implementation again and
since the methods are static and only rely on ther version.txt file
being present, I no longer see a problem.  An implementation outside of
Main wouldn't look any different and I highly doubt an IDE integration
would remove the Main class completely.