Le 15 janv. 2014 à 15:37, Andrew January <andrewjanu...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Has there been any previous discussion around optionally taking directory
> structure into account in IvyDE's workspace resolver?
>
> Our project structure is set up as:
>
>    project-1/
>        project-1
>        util-1
>    project-2/
>        project-2
>        util-2
>
> Where util-1 and util-2 are checked out from the same scm location, and so
> publish the same revision of the same module.
>
> Currently we can use the workspace resolver and close util-2 when working
> on project-1, and vice-versa.
> The problem is this can be error prone, and people tend to forget, end up
> referencing the wrong project and get confused.

If util-1 and util-2 come from the same scm location, why do you need to switch
? util-1 and util-2 should have the same content, right ?

> We have been contemplating modifying IvyDE to walk through all projects in
> the workspace, and pick the one whose location URI is the closest match.
>
> We only have a maximum of a dozen projects in a workspace, so it seems like
> this wouldn't be a huge performance issue.
> Has this been tried or discussed before? What were the drawbacks?
>
> If we were to go ahead and do this, would a patch be considered?

I would need to understand your use case before going forward. Maybe there is a
simpler solution. I would prefer keep thing as simple as possible.

As soon as we agree on a solution for your use case, any patch will be
welcomed. :)

Nicolas