On 2014-05-07, Antoine Levy Lambert wrote:

> I don’t know whether an option of using only github and not the ASF
> hosted git is acceptable for the ASF ? for the Ant committers ?

For the ASF the only thing that matters is that the ASF git instance is
the source of truth.  Tags are there and the source releases match the
tags inside the ASF git repo.

My personal preference is using the command line (or in fact magit)
rather than one-click merges in github, but that's me being a strange
kind of old fart.  YMMV and I can certainly stick with the CLI even if
the rest of the team decided any other way.

> There is a file
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/docs/github_team.txt
> which links the apache user ids of committers with their github ids, I
> wonder whether this linkage gives write access to the github mirrors
> of Apache projects ?

No, it doesn't.  It associates your github account with your ASF account
so commits to ASF projects show up on your personal github page - and
you become a member of the apache org at github.

AFAIK there is no write access to the github mirrors.