I'd suggest looking into git-subtree as well, if we wanted to maintain a
single-development-tree experience. Submodules have a reputation
(well-deserved, IMHO) of being somewhat unwieldy to work with; using
git-subtree to manage linked trees can be a bit more automation/setup work,
but can also provide a much smoother user experience.