> Le 26 janv. 2015 à 00:56, Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> when I run the ivy test suite on my computer at home, the
> iBiblioResolverTest.testErrorReport errors.
>
> The error happens on line 251 :
>
> ResolvedModuleRevision rmr = resolver.getDependency(new
> DefaultDependencyDescriptor(mrid,
>                false), _data);
>
> What happens on that line is that :
>
> - the proxy that I use at home produces an HTML5 error report about the
> http://unknown.host.comx
> - this error report is consumed by ivy as if it was a POM file and generates
> this exception :
>
> java.text.ParseException: Already seen doctype.
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.parser.m2.PomModuleDescriptorParser.newParserException(PomModuleDescriptorParser.java:375)
>
> One workaround to deal with that is to surround the call to
> resolver.getDependency with try/catch and also to remove the last assertion :
> assertLogContains("tried
> http://unknown.host.comx/org/apache/commons-fileupload/1.0/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar”)
>
> This of course is a workaround.
>
> Is it also an intelligent solution ?
>
> Is the normal behavior when trying to access a non existent host name to get
> an UnknownHostException ?

I don’t know much about proxy, but considering the IP stack, I would understand
that the IP is resolved, thus to be the IP of the proxy. But then I don’t
understand why Ivy is not properly failing. I would expect the proxy to at
least return a 404. Could you confirm the HTTP status ? You can put a break
point in BasicURLHandler#checkStatusCode.

Nicolas