Github user jaikiran commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/pull/57

    Hi Gintas,

    To be clear - what I meant/proposed in the dev list was:

     - It's fine to have all the changes related to introducing that new method
with Java generics on the implementation classes, including the
`AbstractResolver`. No objections to it.

     - However, I think we shouldn't yet introduce it on the
`DependencyResolver` interface in this release.

     - Finally, as you note in the latest comment, we would need to do a type
check in our (internal) classes where we use the `DependencyResolver`
interface's `listTokenValues` method to see if it's of type `AbstractResolver`
and if it is, then invoke the new generic method. Else invoke the older method.
We don't need to do a reflection check to see whether the resolver has the
generic listTokenValues method, since the other existing method should just
function as normal. So ultimately something like:
    ```
        if (resolver instanceof AbstractResolver) {
           Set<Map<String, String>> tokenVals = resolver.listTokenValues(...)
// the new generic method
        } else {
           // call the method that's exposed via the DependencyResolver
interface - the one which doesn't use generics
          Map<String, String>[] tokenVals = resolver.listTokenValues(...);
        }
    ```
    In short, in this release, don't expose this as a new API on the interface
but expose it on the `AbstractResolver` with an internal implementation that
will trickle down to all external resolvers that extend the `AbstractResolver`.

    Again, I'm being a bit extra cautious on this specific interface unlike
some other interface/class changes that we have been doing since this one acts
as the central well known contract to the developers who have extended Ivy.
Plus the fact that we do have a way to do all the changes being proposed in
this PR without having to force the implementations of the DependencyResolver
to implement that new method in this specific release.

---
with INFRA.
---