- https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/pull/67 (a one-liner; anybody
    sees some side effects?)
I don't understand the issue. Is this a documented way of using Ivy or
why would anybody expect it to be possible to invoke Ant via the Ivy
jar?
Somebody was interested enough to open a JIRA issue. And the case is around
the use which is definitely documented.
Let me rephrase. Is this a use-case the Ivy developers want to support?

I am nervous about this change for multiple reasons:

    - I read that JIRA and I don't understand why Ivy jar is being used to call into Ant's Main class.     - The JIRA doesn't provide any context nor did I find (in my limited search) that we support that use case.     - The change being proposed involves a classloader (hierarchy) change which is what makes me nervous, since without knowing more on what we are trying to achieve here and why, it's difficult to say whatelse it might impact.     - It also brings in additional deps and again comes back to the original question about what use case we are trying to support.

IMO, this is something that we can avoid changing.

-Jaikiran