On 2018-03-17, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> I was about to send a mail to the user mailing list about the Ant
> nightly job which publishes the daily snapshots, so that they can test
> some bug fixes and new features (JUnit 5 in particular). However, I
> happened to read the Apache release policy[1] which states regular
> users aren't even meant to know about such snapshots.

The idea of the policy is that users must be aware they are using
something that hasn't been tested extensively and may contain
bugs. Nobody should consider the snapshots production ready, that's why
they shouldn't get advertised outside of the developement community.

People who are willing to test a feature under development are part of
the development communinity :-)

If you reach out to the user list and ask people to test the junit5
feature, this is fine IMHO. Telling them to use the SNAPSHOTs as a way
to fix a certain bug is not (while it is OK to use it as a way to verify
the fix, this is subtle).