On 2018-08-16, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> While working on the documentation of the junitlauncher task, for fork
> support, I realized that when we first released this task, due to an
> oversight, I did not add support for setting system properties or
> environment variables through this task. The fork element now supports
> that[1] in the upcoming release, so that the forked JVM can be
> configured with system properties and/or environment variables.

> I am thinking of adding this support for even non-forked execution, like
> junit task does.

I'm not really sure people actually really use overwritten system
properties in non-forked mode, you might want to wait for people asking
for that feature.

> However, I would like some inputs on whether such support for setting
> the system properties in a non-forked execution should be at the
> junitlauncher task level or whether it should be configured within
> each <test> and <testclasses> level. Or should we allow it to
> configured at the task level as well as the individual
> <test>/<testclasses> level?

> junit task currently does it only at the task level.

If you really need to have different env variables for different tests
then I think the effort of configuring this properly isn't much less
than having to configure two instances of the junitlaucher task. IMHO
setting them at the task level should be enough, at least until anybody
makes a good case for more granular control.