Github user jaikiran commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/ant/pull/81

    I don't have enough knowledge about the thread safety aspects of the
`Project` class. Stefan (@bodewig) would know more. However, having look at its
code, I see similar locks and thread safety constructs for other members, so I
think this change is fine.

    As for the testcase, I think it's OK to add one. However, the snippet that
you pasted might need some work. Right now, it uses a single thread and then in
that thread's execution runs the APIs of the `Project` class in a loop. So it
really doesn't exercise the multi-thread access behaviour and the access will
all be sequential. What you could do is, use a fixed thread pool with a decent
size (10 perhaps) and then use a loop (of 10) to submit the
`p.CopyOfReferences` in that loop and finally `get()` the result for each of
those `Future`s.

---