Pramod,

To answer your questions, the control tuples will be delivered to all
downstream partitions, and an additional emitControl method (actual name
TBD) can be added to DefaultOutputPort without breaking backward
compatibility.

Also, to clarify, each operator should have the ability to block further
propagation of incoming control tuples, and create control tuples on its
own (by calling emitControl).

David